We are excited to announce that the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) selected Dale Sprague, Canyon President, winner of the TEA Peter Chernack Distinguished Service Award this year. The announcement came this morning during a virtual meeting with members from around the world as a new slate of TEA Thea Awards recipients was released.
Dale is in truly amazing company. Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering, won the Buzz Price Thea Award that recognizes a lifetime of distinguished achievements.
Some of the winners in the category of Outstanding Achievement include:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, FL and Disneyland Park, CA, USA
- Sesame Street: Street Mission, PortAventura World, Tarragona, Spain
- Qu Yuan, Jingzhou Oriental Heritage Park, Hubei China
- The Twilight Saga: Midnight Ride, Lionsgate Entertainment World, Zhuhai, China
- Snorri Touren, Europa-Park, Rust, Germany
- The Bourne Stuntacular, Universal Studios Florida, Orlando, Florida, USA
- The Nest, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Orlando, Florida, USA
- D.R.E.A.M. Centre, Chailey Heritage Foundation, Lewes, UK
- “Becoming Jane: The Evolution of Dr. Jane Goodall,” National Geographic Museum, Washington DC, USA
- Les Quais de Lutèce Hotel, Parc Astérix, France
- Jewel Changi Airport, Singapore
The TEA Peter Chernack Distinguished Service Award honors exceptional service to the organization, above and beyond the norm. Giving back in this manner is the lifeblood of an association such as TEA that relies in great part on a dedicated community of volunteers.
It was said, “Dale Sprague truly embodies the spirit of service and the legacy of Peter Chernack. Whenever possible, he has shown up and contributed his time, talents, voice and perspective. His many years as a volunteer leader within TEA include six years’ service on the International Board of Directors. TEA has benefited greatly from the corporate marketing expertise that Dale and his company have brought to help TEA assume a more consistent, professional face and brand identity.”
The black-tie Awards Gala and Thea case studies Summit is usually a multi-day affair that takes place at Disneyland in California. It’s a time for members from around the world to gather, learn and celebrate. This year was very different. Everything is being handled virtually, with some very creative results.
Congratulations on this well-deserved honor, Dale!